What awaits you
Whether you are a hiker, mountain biker or cross-country skier, the Rolling Huts, located in Washington’s Methow Valley, is the perfect accommodation. Designed as a modern alternative to camping by Tom Kundig of Olson Kundig Architects in Seattle. The six huts are grouped as a herd, each with views of the mountains. We are pet friendly in all of our accommodations.
Each hut comes equipped with a small refrigerator, electric tea kettle, microwave, fireplace and Wi-Fi. There is a sleeping platform perfect for two, and modular furniture in the living area that can be reconfigured to sleep to create create a small double sleeping platform. Each hut has an adjacent portable toilet. Full bathrooms and showers are housed in the centrally located barn a short distance away. We are Pet friendly, but do ask for a pet cleaning fee of $25 per dog. Max 2 dogs allowed.
- Sleeping platform with mats and bedding (sheets, pillow, comforter) + smaller modular sleeping platform with mats (for 2 each) will need to bring bedding for this bed.
- Refrigerator, microwave, electric kettle and coffee pot.
- Dishes and silverware for 4.
- Portable toilet outside of each hut.
- Picnic tables (seats 12).
- Water faucet outside of each hut.
- Picnic shelter with propane and charcoal grills.
- Shower and toilets located in nearby barn.
- inside kitchen area to do dishes in the winter
What to bring?
Hut Information & What To Bring
- You will need to bring your own sleeping bag or blankets for the smaller modular bed.
- The platform beds are furnished with a memory foam pad covered with a sheet and we provide pillows and pillow cases and comforters.
- There is a double and one single and three extra foam camp mats.
- We provide towels and wash clothes and showers are in the big barn with in walking distance to the Huts.
- The Hut kitchens are minimally supplies dishes, cups & utensils. We also provide supplies for washing your dishes above the microwave.
- There is a small fridge, microwave, coffee maker and electric tea kettle.
- There is no stove top, but you are welcome to bring one.
- We have a community BBQ with one gas grill and two wood/charcoal grills (you will need to bring charcoal, and knives.)
- There is a water faucet outside of each Hut.
- We do provide firewood, kindling and matches for the indoor fireplace. We don’t provide paper or fire starters.
Your Hut Awaits You
The Farm House
Overlooking the Herd stands a turn of the century farmhouse updated to accommodate groups of up to 6 people. Cozy and equipped, the farmhouse is perfect for families that like to share the same space, for people that are not so enthusiastic about camping or for people that value old-fashioned comfort. Enjoy the wooden interiors and its ample deck and private grill. The farmhouse is available all year round. Pets allowed!
- 3 bedrooms with one double bed each + sofa-bed.
- Bathroom with shower and bathtub.
- Fully equipped kitchen, dishes and silverware.
- Machine washer and dryer.
- Wood stove and central heating.
- Air conditioning.
- TV and DVD player.
- Private deck with picnic table and grill.
Shed roof architectural structure with 4 bunk beds 3 single 1 double. Come get close to nature with the comforts of shelter from the elements and bugs. provided bunks and mats. You are responsible to bring bedding. There is not power inside but we do have an outlet for power and water outside the hut.
The hustle and bustle of the city are far behind you, it’s time to unplug from technology and reconnect with nature. Only 300 feet from the pristine Methow River, and at the edge of the forest, a group of safari-style canvas tents are waiting for you and your friends.
What your tent includes?
- Canvas safari tent, mounted on wooden platform.
- Wood door and screen windows.
- up to 4 camping cots, picnic table and benches.
- Water and electricity.
What to bring?
- All your camping gear:sleeping bags, pillows, etc
- There is a restaurant on site, but you might want to bring some food.
- This is mountain weather, bring warm sleeping gear.
- Flashlight, bug spray, sun lotion, sunglasses and binoculars recommended.
- A volleyball.
- A cooler to store your food.
- Cook stove.
- We want to remind you this is the wilderness, don’t leave food outside and store trash properly.
Woodstone Pizzeria at Rolling Huts
Located in the North Cascades, the Methow Valley is a scenic destination with beautiful mountain vistas, forests and wildflowers. With warm, dry summers and snowy winters, the valley offers a variety of outdoor adventures for all ages and skill levels. The charming towns of Twisp, Winthrop and Mazama are also worth exploring for their summer farmers’ markets, shops, bakeries and pubs.
The valley is home to one of the world’s longest cross-country skiing trails, stretching for 120 miles (193 km). Other popular activities include rock climbing, hiking, mountain biking, river rafting, horse-back riding, hunting and fishing, golfing, spectacular sight-seeing and other outdoor activities. Events include the Winthrop Rhythm and Blues Festival, the Methow Valley Chamber Music Festival, live theatre and many art galleries.